Need your opinions on these machines

pworlledge

We average about 35,000 surfaces a month. This is on our Nexpress 2100 (2005) which we try to stick with 18.5 x 12.5 sheet size. I am looking at a Xerox 770 and a Ricoh C901. It appears the $$$ saved on a Xerox 700i may be able to make it something to look at. We run a bigger majority of our work duplex and all the way up to 100# Cvr. and 12pt C1S. What is opinions on these machines? I'm sure as with any decision we make the dollar will have the biggest impact but I don't want to waste time if one of these machines won't perform well. As you can imagine I'm tired of chasing issues on the old Nexpress.

Do a search on both of these units and you will find a lot of info previously posted on both machines. We looked at both over a year ago and went with the 901. The first 6 months it was great. Next 6 months nothing but trouble. After many service calls and head scratching Ricoh finally managed to fix the problems. Machine has been performing as advertised. We run 12 pt C1S, 2S, gloss cover and text all day everyday and it runs great. Bear in mind that I have heard both horror stories and success stories on both machines. Service and tech training and knowledge are key to any digital machine.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back