New in digital printing need advice

JuanCmorales

Hi, i am new in the digital printing, i work with a xerox dc 260 and a ricoh hq 9000 digital duplicator. My question is, should i stay only digital or i should go offset too??

Thanks
by the way, i am from panama in central america

Do offset too !!!

Do offset too !!!

Hey Juan,

For what its worth I'll tell ya to go offset too. I do a lot of work on offset that can not be done as efficiantly on digi. Also how about envelopes?

Bret

We have both digital and offset we base our decision on the run length...the longer runs go on offset.

New in digital printing need advice

Hi Juan,

Your are not mentioned what kind of customer base you have and volume of business you do.. Offset printing will cheaper when you print in bulk.. I meant to say for lesser volume you have to go for digital printers only…
Offset printing is not as easy as digital printing .. it require experience to run the machine and it expensive too… I suggest you first start with any baby offset machine learn the technique get experience and go for bigger one…
All the best

you also can expand your digital and same time try to print big qtys. on any offset press when you see you have enough jobs for offset you can own it.

Offset will help on the longer runs as well as envelopes.
You can pick up a used AB Dick pretty cheap, having it inspected by a technician before buying could save you money down the road.

Do not forget about the variable data and personalization capabilities with digital. I have been looking to go offset too, but keep on going back to investing in digital technology. Envelopes and others are a no can do though.

If you add offset, consider getting at least a true 2-tower press like a Ryobi 3302H. You can actually still make good money on 2-color spot work if you can do decent quality. If you get a duplicator with a t-head you can run into challenges having a common blanket like if you want to run yellow reversed type in a black solid.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back