New Riso GD 9630

csudman

We are all digital shop with Ricoh gear and a Colordyne(memjet) inkjet printer for our envelopes and some letterhead. I'm working on an an acquisition that still has a decent amount of offset work. 1&2 Color. This new printer looks interesting. Its CYMK and grey, according the marketing materials, its much better at blacks and halftones than there previous machines. At 160 ppm its fast as hell too. So, has anyone actually seen prints off this? Reflex blue? 485? How is it with pantones?

You can get a large cap tray and stacker for it so it will churn through work.

http://us.riso.com/products/comcolor...color-gd-9630/

I have seen this machine work and i can say that black color have really improved compared to the previous model. Havent tried yet with pantone but i saw that they already have Fiery controller. will let you know once we were able to get samples.

I just bought a 7150 and it is fast but the blues suck. Mainly, reflex/286. It may have something to do with the external RIP I did not order with it. It's on my list to buy as I hope that will do the trick. If you are going to print envelopes, make sure you get a quality envelope, meaning, flat envelope. If you set a stack on the table and there is some kind of curl in the stack, you're gonna have problems.

I sent off sample files to a local vendor. He has one on the floor so I'll post back with what I get. Supposed to have them Wednesday.

Well, saw the new machine. Is not ready for print for pay. Simple as that.

Well, not really that simple. It depends upon the type of work you do. I have been getting paid to do forms, raffle tickets, note pads, and envelopes. Since my last post, I have figured out the blue problem (pms 287). In fact, I got a customers forms business that they were sending somewhere else. I can print 1,000 forms with a little bit of color in ten minutes.

We are all digital shop with Ricoh gear and a Colordyne(memjet) inkjet printer for our envelopes and some letterhead. I'm working on an an acquisition that still has a decent amount of offset work. 1&2 Color. This new printer looks interesting. Its CYMK and grey, according the marketing materials, its much better at blacks and halftones than there previous machines. At 160 ppm its fast as hell too. So, has anyone actually seen prints off this? Reflex blue? 485? How is it with pantones?

You can get a large cap tray and stacker for it so it will churn through work.

http://us.riso.com/products/comcolor...color-gd-9630/
I know this is an old thread, but I am currently in a similar situation you were in. Did you ultimately purchase a Riso GD series? What was your opinion of the device and print quality?
We are also looking at purchasing the fiery rip (FS2000C) for the Riso and run it along side our current Ricoh C7100 as a way to provide more color printing opportunities in our mailing operations.

Saw it, not as good as our memjet machine. Now I have 2 memjet printers, they do 95 of our envelope work, sometimes we broker or run on our digital machines if we need to hit a color.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back