new to forum and have a question

txxsjstr

I have an idea for some printing but would like to know if one can set up a bubblejet printer to print on plastic sign blanks? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I just want to give this a try and then if it works for what I want I will start looking into silk screening them. Thanks.

You can print onto anything but the substrate must have the correct coating to receive the ink. In short it can be done but I doubt any substrate manufacture will invest the time into developing this product as it has very little market potential and the cost will make it not viable.

I have an idea for some printing but would like to know if one can set up a bubblejet printer to print on plastic sign blanks? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I just want to give this a try and then if it works for what I want I will start looking into silk screening them. Thanks.

Speak to someone with a latest generation UV flatbed, they can almost certainly print directly onto that substrate. I mention "latest generation" as the print quality has improved significantly in the last couple of years.

These machines are not cheap, so unless you are in the business already, subcontracting this will be the best way to do a "proof of concept" and get into the market.

Contact me offline and I can arrange a demonstration for you. There are some constraints but plastic sign blanks sounds really easy for the processes we have.
Edwin

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back