New version of PitStop launched today at Ipex in London

Used the Flatten form data to content Action list today, worked perfectly.

Went to try and set custom quick key commands but only A-Z available, any reason I can't use 1-9? was hoping to set hide selection and show all same as Illy

Will check with the team tomorrow Glenn, my understanding is we basically get told which range of shortcuts we can use, but I will clarify.

Andrew, I am thinking that adding Kerning to the font/text editing would be a major benefit when performing text replacement.

Looking forward to seeing this in a future version of PitStop.

Stephen Marsh

Thanks Stephen I will add it to the list. I think that's a new one, not sure anyone has requested that before.

Thanks Stephen I will add it to the list. I think that's a new one, not sure anyone has requested that before.

It may not be a big ticket item, obviously you are not being inundated with this feature request! Typography is a lost art these days, however when one has to edit text using PitStop, it is nice to have features as found in authoring software. This is really obvious when adjust say a phone number with say 1X etc, the space between the 1 and the X digit can be really open. InDesign offers two kerning/letter pair spacing engines, optical and thousands of an em. Often optical will help, however sometimes one just has to get in there and manually tighten or loosen the space.

I may as well go the whole hog and ask for tracking, kerning, horizontal and vertical scaling and baseline shift as well!

I’ll do you a favour and hold off until advanced text features are added, before I ask for character and paragraph styles…

Stephen Marsh

Hi Stephan, I started life as a typesetter/compositor. I used to hand set type at College. I understand.

Hi Andrew, ah another comp! I used to have to explain that I could not write music. It is amazing how many people I have run into over the years who have said the magic phrase “I used to be a compositor” :]

Stephen Marsh

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back