Nexus 8.6 and Old NexStep Workflow

RIPnPA

Due to many reasons outside of my control the department I support has latched onto their old NexStep software and workflow like a very bad habit.

Thankfully we are turning the corner and I've been asked to take a look at our system and see what can be done with these older files. For those who don't remember, NexStep plots the following files:
-MakePSTI.ps
-Film.ps
-SteppedProof.ps
-Copy of the original TLW used in NexStep

The workflow from Nexus 7.5 will import into 8.6, however running any job results in a PCCImportFile error when processing the files. Looking at the actual file data of SteppedProof.ps I can find the PCCImportfile call, however it appears to not have any arguments.

So, I am hoping someone else who had been using NexStep can lend me some info on the best way to create a workflow that will work under 8.6 or better yet, move these into PowerLayout and finally drop NexStep.

Thanks,
-Kirk

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back