Nexus OPI Workflow Template

macdept

I am hoping there is someone out there who could possibly help me out by sending a sample nexus template using OPI to generate a final 1-bit tif. We use a combination Odystar/Nexus workflow, using Preps to impose most of our files but we do some security work with pre-ripped 1-bit tifs that cannot run through either Odystar or Nexus without having some sort of compression applied. I would love to be able to impose files using these pre-ripped tifs as opposed to having to rebuild the file to final sheet size. I know there is a way to do this but am hesitant on messing around with our existing workflows because, quite frankly, I do not want to corrupt them in any way.

Why don't you just make a copy of a workflow and mess around with that one.

Last edited:
Also, if the file is already ripped, why do you need to send it back through the rip, i guess im not following? We don't have the imposition module, so i'm thinking maybe you have to send it back through in order for it to impose?

Basically I am trying to figure out a way to be able to use Preps to step and repeat the ripped 1-bit tifs. They need to be 2400 dpi so if I were able to use the 8.5x11 tif the file size would be greatly reduced as opposed to having to build it to sheet size. I was thinking that someone else may be doing the same thing with a similiar set-up and I could adjust their workflow to meet our needs. Quite frankly I am not that experienced with Nexus and as far as building a workflow from scratch, I do not have the luxury to devote the amount of time it would take me to figure out how to do it.

In your first message you indicate that you needed some kind of compression. Is this the problem? If the file were compressed would it work?

No, the problem is that the system are applying compression of some sort. We do not want any compression on them or the printed piece will not work. That is why I was hoping to be able to use some sort of OPI when imposing to sheet size.

Do you guys have a service contract with Esko? If so support is free and they are really helpful, I know a couple of different places that the compression is applied, but since i don't have the impose module i can't really help you.

If i were doing it though i would copy the workflow, then open up each one of the modules and look for compression settings, turn them off, then run a sample, it would really only take 10 minutes to edit the workflow at the most, and if it doesn't work trash the duplicate workflow, no harm no foul.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back