No 700 Toner?

Stressed

Anyone else out there having problems getting Xerox Toner for a 700 machine?

We have switched our machine off and only received 4 toners since November 09. About to close thanks to non-supply. Estimated cost to my business in lost work is currently in the tens of thousands of pounds. Xerox have ignored all letters and emails.

Xerox told us the problem would be solved by Christmas but still no toners arrived yet. :confused:

Anyone else out there having problems getting Xerox Toner for a 700 machine?

We have switched our machine off and only received 4 toners since November 09. About to close thanks to non-supply. Estimated cost to my business in lost work is currently in the tens of thousands of pounds. Xerox have ignored all letters and emails.

Xerox told us the problem would be solved by Christmas but still no toners arrived yet. :confused:

That's terrible & I hope you can sort it out. I suggest you partner with a larger printer in the short term just to bridge the immediate problem. I'd be happy to throw you a life line (we have lots of presses) and print for you at cost for a week or so, but we are mainland so that probably won't work.

There MUST be someone in Belfast who would help given the circumstances, get on the phone and beg!

Hope it works out, pm me if we can help.

700 Toner

700 Toner

We had the same problem about a month and a half ago. But now the toner is flowing. We never really ran out-we were close but not out. When we could not get a color we got some from a few other printers and when ours came in we gave them back. We even lent to the City of West Palm Beach. We were told that it was a problem in China -but who knows the truth-Xerox is not talking about it.

Hi Stressed,

We are based in Dublin and are a supplier of Oki to companies in graphics. We might be able to help you with a loan machine to get you through this difficult period.

We have plenty of customers in graphics/print North of the border who use the Oki. There are now about 250 printing companies and designers using Oki for short run commercial print on the island of Ireland including some of Ireland's largest printing companies.

Please PM us if you would like to consider our offer

Thanks everyone

Thanks everyone

Wow. Just when I was getting depressed... Thank you, thank you, thank you, to all the offers of help regarding toner for our machine. We have borrowed toner from another company locally who have been great and a small supply of only 2 colours arrived today.

Xerox will only let us order 2 toners at a time which is pointless as we work a 12hr shift 5 days a week. Is anyone else allowed to order more than 2 at a time?

Xerox have NOT replied to ANY calls, emails or letters. Legal process has already started and will keep you guys informed of its outcome. It's a pity as the machine is fantastic but the after sales is "no use to man nor beast" as we say here.

Don't have a 700 but I order at least 4 of each color at a time. Just keep ordering 2 each day!

Funny I should see this thread after my Xerox rep stopped by my shop today. I asked him about the toner shortage and he said it only affected the 700s. The problem was two-tiered - Xerox underestimated the popularity of the 700 and at the same time underestimated toner requirements. The second issue was the fact that two of their toner suppliers went bankrupt.
I don't see why he would lie to me. I don't own a 700.

Same here in Ontario Canada. Installed the 700 at the end of October and I've been fighting for supplies ever since. Our rep has been "borrowing" from other shops in town and hence, we've been "lending" to do what we can to help.
We all pay per click, so where the supply comes from doesn't really matter.
It's all the same to Xerox in the end. As long as we don't sell it.

The supply seems to be getting better in the last week, but I'm not convinced the supply is totally back up to snuff.

We also have a 240 and most of the supplies for it have been fine. Except the waste toner bottles - they are the same as the 700.

Toner

Toner

I spoke with the ordering clerk in Texas last night while ordering toner. He told me that the toner situation in the USA is now fine "we are getting deliveries everyday". I don't think we will really every know the truth about the toner situation. Who knows maybe Xerox did not pay its toner bill to the mfg in China-anything is possible. More than likely they have installed more 700's then they anticipated., I know in Florida they have installed about 50 machines alone and maybe more.

In my MANY discussions with Xerox people including my Tech (in the building right now), the word is that Xerox had put all of it's toner eggs in one basket, to obtain a better profit. Well - that basket went bankrupt. In doing so Xerox didn't have access to any of the tooling. This meant finding a new supplier, plus re-creating all the tooling etc. Then starting production from scratch.
The supply does seem to be getting better here now, but I'm still sceptical.

Right at this point we are having issues with fusers. The tech is doing a lot scratching his head and taking on the phone to his support people.

Ahhhhhhh!

Good thing we have our trusty 240 as a backup

Seems less elusive now...

Seems less elusive now...

I don't seem to be having the problems finding the toner... Im just not able to print 100%K full width. The back side of the machine is 100% but the operator side is about 80%. Going on 1.5 weeks with this issue...

Jerod.

received a fuser a week and a half ago. It lasted 1 day.
It had a flat spot. Apparently this can happen if they sit too long.

Been waiting ever since for a replacement.
Three calls to various authorities and no word yet as to when I might get a new one.

This thread is funny. I remember this problem when it happened and couldn't believe it. I think at the time on the models I deal with I had over a hundred of each color just sitting in surplus. Black and cyan always goes quick but I always seem to have more magenta and yellow...

It was heart warming to "see" everybody helping each other out in our industry.

So just curious, how many kept their 700 and how many are still with Xerox?

we are still with the 700 and Xerox, and for the most part, things have been good since that time.
Lately there was a toner shortage again, but it seems to be resolved now.
We will be looking at the 770 this fall. As usual - proceed with caution.
LOL

Still got a 700, or rather, upgraded to a 700i. Funny thing, most of the work we did on a small Docucolor got so expensive on a 700 that we outsource it now. So the poor thing sits.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back