No Budget for Training

gordo

552 No Budget for Training.jpg

Ow. That's gonna hurt.
In my experience as a prepress consultant you can count on each print shop having different requirements and processes in Prepress.
Add in that you'll get a bad rep with the local talent.
Ow.

The industry (many industries) is rife with those willing to take advantage of the knowledge people have accumulated through the years while providing as little as possible compensation.
Probably one of the most refreshing things I ever heard was from someone in charge of pre-press at a major (large) printing company. He told me he was thrilled that his shop was a union shop. Wages were such that it permitted him to hire the best, most knowledgeable people available. They also had trainees. That was about 25 years ago. That company is still expanding & doing very well.

Cool idea! Then you can allow the possibility of someone with bad habits passing them on to your entire crew. Excellent.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back