No line screen needed?

Cmd-P

Apparently I know bupkus about digital printing.
I recently asked a digital printer at what line screen they print on their large display banners.
They replied: No line screen we are a digital printer we need art full size at 100 dpi.
Also, their Artwork Guidelines request 150 dpi maximum for submitted art, so I assumed they print between 55 to 85 lpi.
I don't get it. No line screen? I've always supplied art files at, at least, twice the printed resolution; 300 dpi graphics for up to 150 lpi printed, etc.
Is there an easy explanation for what I'm missing? I'm starting to feel very obsolete here.
Thanks, (and please be kind.)
Mark

No line screen needed..

No line screen needed..

they could be running the banners on an inkjet printer like an Epson 9600, or similar. These printers do sort of a dithered pattern and do not have a normal screen pattern like an offset press would.

Um, oh yeah. didn't think of that. Thanks.
It's time to shake all this flexo and offset nonsense outta my head.
m.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back