No view file in PowerLayout 9.0 rev2

cnumb

No view file in PowerLayout

Had this problem in 8.1 ver. 4. I thought I was told that the upgrade to PowerLayout 9 ver.2 was going to fix. No such luck.

Basically i drop a .ai file on nexus manager, view it in InSight, then release it . When I apply the link into the repetition layer in powerlayout, it goes in but does not create a view file. The file is there though because the separations palette updates and shows the colors being used.

This only happens rarely and it might have something to do with the size of the file?

Is anyone else having this problem and if so is there a solution?

I tried saving the .ap with separated preview with no luck.

From your description I am guessing you are making a link file and it is this you are trying to step up.

The problem will be with the preview the link file module is making. Try changing the options using Windows rather than Mac etc.

There was a problem a longtime back which was with the OS and Apple changed how much big the preview in a file could be. The solution at the time was to use Windows preview.

I am certain this has been resolved now. You don't normally wont to be using the Print file option only the Preview option. That is unless you are needing to make a proof using only the Link file.

Hope this helps.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back