Non-Digital Window Envelopes Working with Canon C700

IgnoreThem

Anyone else running non-digital self sealing envelopes through a Canon c700. I have been able to make the c700 work with non-digital window envelopes. We normally use a Xante Impressia for all our envelope printing. We are unable to locate/order consistently Digital window commercial seamed envelopes. The cost per run is a lot higher with canon but starting to lose clients to non-digital envelope printers.

Just wondering if there is short term issues with fusers and rollers on the C700 if we keep printing non-digital envelopes?

Thanks for any information or thoughts.

I’m surprised you can run the standard windows without the window wrinkling. I don’t have a Canon but I have tried to run the standard windows on my Xerox Versant and have the fuser down to the minimum and still get wrinkling on the windows. I would guess that as long as the window film is not melting or wrinkling you should be good to go on the Canon but hopefully someone else can offer more specifics for your Canon.

I just used the last of my peel and seal digital window envelopes on Friday and can’t find any more. This customer is picky so even if I could inkjet them they wouldn’t like the quality. I feel your frustrations.

If I set the weight to Thin 2 (58 g/m2) the envelopes do fine. No wrinkles or melting. But the cost per click for envelopes with the c700 bites into the bottom line. It is a little more baby sitting than the Xante. if pricing and inventory keeps moving in the same direction with peel and seal digital envelopes I am going to be priced out pretty soon anyways.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back