Novice Questions Re: Imposition

jkenler

I posted this in my introduction, but figured I'd re-post here as its more relevant to this thread...

My big issues at the moment are all related to imposition. Only recently did i realize that there were more affect tools to print multiple items per page than manually laying out in InDesign. Of course the imposition features on Fiery's CWS are only windows compatible, so short of running parallels or such, does anyone have a recommendation for an OS X native imposition application? And for that matter, what other advantages do imposition software packages offer over my rudimentary InDesign method?

Background: Small in house print shop mainly printing 11 x 17 posters and flyers for street distribution using a Canon Imagepress C1+ and Duplo DC-615 in a Macintosh environment.

Thanks in advance for any help.

-j

You may want to take a look at FusionPro Desktop. We have it on our Mac. Mainly, its a VDP program (which it does better than InDesign) with a basic imposition feature. I used to use InDesign to manually impose and to number raffle tickets and address mailings. I can't imagine going back after getting this program. It plugs in to Acrobat for about $600. There are better imposition programs and there are better VDP programs.

And for that matter, what other advantages do imposition software packages offer over my rudimentary InDesign method?

Background: Small in house print shop mainly printing 11 x 17 posters and flyers for street distribution using a Canon Imagepress C1+ and Duplo DC-615 in a Macintosh environment. -j

J,
The biggest advantage you're going to get is speed. When an imposition package is used correctly, you can quickly and easily recreate your layouts for printing without having to do any manual placement or tweaking in the layout packages. But, it really depends on what you want to achieve? The type of work you do and it sounds like you do very basic layouts.

If you want, try out our inpO2 Wizard product - it's fully functional, and free (but the promotion is ending really soon). You should be able to still get it at this link... but the August promotion is ending. It does require Acrobat 8.0 or 9.0 on the Mac or Windows... but I see you're a Mac user. :) Here's the link...

inpO2 Wizard Download - Dynagram

Good luck!
Michael Reiher
Dynagram

Automated imposition for your Duplo 615 & C1

Automated imposition for your Duplo 615 & C1

As others recommended, you certainly want to use our certified automated solution (we're partners to Duplo). By using an automated imposition solution, you'll gain time, productivity and more profits! ;-)

Our solutions are not free, they come without gimmicks or high price (mandatory) options, hence much better than the competition.

As many other C1 users and DC-615 (and 615 Pro) users do, give a try to Impostrip OnDemand or Absolutely Imposing. Our trial version for MAC are complete, only limited by time.

If you have questions, contact me at raymond @ imposition.com

See us at Print 09, Booth 131 and with our partners (HP Indigo, Xerox, Duplo, Horizon, InfoPrint and many more)

Ray Duval
Ultimate Technographics

Last edited:
I see someone has mentioned Quite Imposing. So, here is a Serial number and private code for a Trial Demo version till the end of October. If you have any questions just let us know at [email protected]

Quite Imposing Plus V1/V2
Expires end 10/2009 Serial 5535-4702-1440-8766 Code 6519

Happy testing.

cheers,
Charles

Charles James
Technical/Marketing Director
Quite Software
USA
[email protected]
[email protected]

You might also look at "Crackerjack" by Arts PDF...we've used it and like it quite a bit. To me it seems a bit more user friendly than Quite Imposing Plus

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back