Océ CPS800 and Océ CPS900

Abew

Hi, We are a design firm and looking to to do short run color and VDP printing in-house. Looking for entry level digital presses, like the Xerox 700, Konica Minolta.

I went to Oceusa.com I found the Océ CPS800 and Océ CPS900 series of digital presses. I googled and I couldn't find end user experiences of these presses. In the marketing brochures it looks like its robust, highest image quality, minimal user intervantion, 7 color, real offset feel and look, but I don't really trust marketing material, I would like to know if there is anyone who used these machines in real life.

I am closley following end user, real life experiences on the Xerox 700, I downloaded the CED for the Xerox 700, so I know what to expact now, not so glorious as it is martketed.

Our volume is from low to medium, color fidelity is very important for our demanding clients, would like to be able to print on a verity of stock and different weights.

Thank you all in advance for your input.

Software

Software

When you look for VDP software, check out the FusionPro line from Printable. Powerful and inexpensive.

We had the CPS800 at the last place I worked. We had all kinds of issues with the fuser (my finger tips were constantly seared from working on the fuser clearing jams), found that it didn't like to print large black solids (they were always streaky) and it didn't print well on coated stock. My understanding is they eventually called OCE and told them to get it out of he building. They leased a small Xerox (not sure what model) digital press which they are happy with. The device we had had no color consistancy, and wasn't easy to calibrate. Look elsewhere.

Last edited:
Hi, We are a design firm and looking to to do short run color and VDP printing in-house. Looking for entry level digital presses, like the Xerox 700, Konica Minolta.

I went to Oceusa.com I found the Océ CPS800 and Océ CPS900 series of digital presses. I googled and I couldn't find end user experiences of these presses. In the marketing brochures it looks like its robust, highest image quality, minimal user intervantion, 7 color, real offset feel and look, but I don't really trust marketing material, I would like to know if there is anyone who used these machines in real life.

I am closley following end user, real life experiences on the Xerox 700, I downloaded the CED for the Xerox 700, so I know what to expact now, not so glorious as it is martketed.

Our volume is from low to medium, color fidelity is very important for our demanding clients, would like to be able to print on a verity of stock and different weights.

On Oce website find a lot of success stories, you could contact those people to get more info from owners.

P.S. they say 800 & 900 models are pretty much different

Oce CPS 900

Oce CPS 900

We are in Morocco we have CPS 700 We change it because not work
We have CPS900 the same problems we sent a lot of money without result bad bad bad...

oce cps 800 and 900

oce cps 800 and 900

We installed a second user machine from Oce about 6 months ago.
We also have a 3 year old standard xerox 240 which is easy to use. Black images and in house files are of high quality on this printer.
Paper curl and accurate registration are US.
Our volume is low but from the OCE we reguired
accurate colours to match cmyk litho
flat business card without curl
accurate front/registration.
printing on textured cards
The Oce machine has saved us time in the bindery with little waste.
TCO is low.
The machine has been mechanically unrealiable untill the last month.
Oce service is good.
Printed images on coated stock has roller feeder marks.

Ricoh Pro550/700ex

Ricoh Pro550/700ex

FWIW, I used to sell the CPS900 for Oce'. Very impressive, at first. But they don't hold up long term under production demands. For the price, very slow and limited in features. On the one hand that may be all you need, however can you make a profit on it?

You might check out the Ricoh Pro550 and 700EX color printers,

RICOH Pro C700EX Color Copier, High-Speed Color Copier

Very accurate color, gloss stock feeding, lots of finishing options and Fiery controller.

//disclaimer; I work for Ricoh.
:eek:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back