Odd behavior from Acrobat Pro 8

richielj

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this unusual behavior from Acrobat Pro 8.1.2? Lately when we run the preflight checks using batch processing (four checks --objects not cmyk, images less than 150dpi, courier in bleed/trim box, and more than four plates) we have been seeing a red dot next to the line reading "Files checked during batch processing:" --sometimes.

As you can see from the attached files the same tests run five minutes apart yield a red dot on one report and no red dot on the other (the files were not changed between the two tests).

Acrobat support had no idea... I told them I was much happier with v6...

Anyone have any idea what's causing this? How to prevent it?

Thanks

Rich

Re: Odd behavior from Acrobat Pro 8

> {quote:title=richielj wrote:}{quote}
> Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this unusual behavior from Acrobat Pro 8.1.2? Lately when we run the preflight checks using batch processing (four checks --objects not cmyk, images less than 150dpi, courier in bleed/trim box, and more than four plates) we have been seeing a red dot next to the line reading "Files checked during batch processing:" --sometimes.
>
Are you on the Mac or Windows? Do you have the 8.1.2 Preflight patch installed?

Are you using Batch or Droplets?

> Acrobat support had no idea... I told them I was much happier with v6...
>
Wait till you try Acrobat 9!

Leonard

Hi Leonard

Thanks for getting back to me. We are using macs and batch --no droplets.

I am downloading the preflight patch now and will follow up, although it seems to correct PDF/X-3 issues and we are using PDF/X-1a files.

Rich

Hi Leonard

The preflight patch upgrade +seems+ to have done the trick. Will let you know if it's otherwise.

Many thanx!

Rich

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back