Odd persistent banding issue with my DC 3535

GusG

Hi,
I've got an issue with lines 90 degrees to the print direction (i.e. parallel with the drums), you can see them on the attachment (there's a magenta tinge in the yellow on the attachment, that was just a bad drum and not part of this issue). I guess it's what the service manual calls high frequency banding, it started becoming evident in black but now seems to be in all colours though still most evident in black.
We've tried the following:

- Checked the seating of RAM and NVM PWBs as well as for loose connections at ESS PWB (as the service manual recommends), this only resulted in the harddisk needing changing and the software put on, in fact changed several of these things from a spare 3535 I have with no luck
- Changed the black developer unit 4 times when this was most noticeable in black, no change
- Changed the ROS, same story. I have one other ROS I can try with but haven't yet

Any ideas out there?

Cheers,
Gustav

Attachments

• colors.jpg
    colors.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 138

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back