Offset Performance Improvement Developer

• Thread starter Deleted member 16349
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 16349

Looking for full time, contract or part time employment with a commercial or packaging offset printer in the Toronto area.

This could be suitable for large or small operations.

I will develop my patented Ink Transfer Blade (ITB) technology for your presses, which eliminates ink water balancing and density variation on press.
I will also help develop accurate ink key presetting algorithms that will lead to the right density targets on the first pull.

My unique knowledge and experience in the field of density control for ultra short makereadies, provide technology that can be applied to your existing offset presses at low cost.

If this is of interest to you and you have further questions, please contact me and I will be happy to discuss the possibilities.

Regards,

Erik Nikkanen BASc
Mechanical Engineer
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
[email protected]

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you given consideration to licensing or selling the technology to press manufacturers?

Have you given consideration to licensing or selling the technology to press manufacturers?

Yes I have but the press manufacturers would rather go bankrupt than think of anything different than the technology that has been on presses for over 150 years. It is the ink ductor that transfers ink from the ink fountain roller to the roller train that is the cause of variation in ink feed when there are changes in water, press speed or temperature on press.

It still is my goal to license or sell but in the meantime a printer can get an advantage if I develop the ITB for them.

The correction to the problem is fairly simple and cheap. Maybe the press manufacturers don't want a cheap solution? :)

Eriks invention

Eriks invention

Hi Erik

I am an Australin printer and have a 6 color 72 , a 2 color 74 and a 1 color 52 gto. I am interested in your theory and would like to know more of your device. It sounds very good and may be just what I need on my 6 color which is an 1986 model and needs a bit of modernization. Please contact me on [email protected]

Calvin

Hi Erik

I am an Australin printer and have a 6 color 72 , a 2 color 74 and a 1 color 52 gto. I am interested in your theory and would like to know more of your device. It sounds very good and may be just what I need on my 6 color which is an 1986 model and needs a bit of modernization. Please contact me on [email protected]

Calvin

I will send you an email.

The ITB technology has patents in the USA and Canada and that is what I consider as being my target market. Since you are in Australia, you are free to build it without any royalty payments. If you have a suitable person there to design the details and build it, you might be able to help those old presses.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking for full time, contract or part time employment with a commercial or packaging offset printer in the Toronto area.

This could be suitable for large or small operations.

I will develop my patented Ink Transfer Blade (ITB) technology for your presses, which eliminates ink water balancing and density variation on press.
I will also help develop accurate ink key presetting algorithms that will lead to the right density targets on the first pull.

My unique knowledge and experience in the field of density control for ultra short makereadies, provide technology that can be applied to your existing offset presses at low cost.

If this is of interest to you and you have further questions, please contact me and I will be happy to discuss the possibilities.

Regards,

Erik Nikkanen BASc
Mechanical Engineer
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
[email protected]

Just adding my resume.

Attachments

• Printing R&D resume.doc
    45 KB · Views: 238

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back