Oki c041e skewed copy on the back of the media

maac

Hi all we are now running with the oki c941e digital printer and the Rt-125 Streamfeeder envelope feeder with the Fiery FS150 Pro front end. And that is just way to many numbers to say. And more then likely this is a common occurrence in the digital world. This is happening on all types of media and size of the media as well.

This just happens when we Duplex the job. The printer will print the front side of the copy horizontally and vertically straight. And then on the back side the printer will print some of the copy in register front to back and then some of the copy will drift and start to skew some of the time from 1/32" up to 1/8". I think it has to do with the paper media type and media weight. It does not matter on the tray# 1,2 or the MPTray. When we run all of the fronts and then run all of the backs the jobs are in register front to back. Just when we Duplex the copy it will start to skew.

We could used some help on this.

Last edited:
And more then likely this is a common occurrence in the digital world. This is happening on all types of media and size of the media as well.

Hi Maac ! No, front to back registrations issues are not common in the medium range digital production presses, but, they do seem to be an issue with the smaller low-end digital machines. I researched the net on the Oki 941E front-to-back registration, but, could not find any information. Registration tolerance is not even mentioned on the C941E detailed specifications, which, I find rather odd. The detailed specifications page on virtually every other digital printer (large and small) will state what their normal alignment range is. The specs on our Versant 2100 states "0.5 mm front-to-back", but we've never experienced it that far out. Ours is dead on.

The omission of that info on their detailed printer specs seems somewhat suspicious, in that, it may be a known inherent problem with the C941E, and, they are just not wanting to bring any attention to it.

A couple of things you can try: First, if you are using an EFI front end, it's probably running some version of "Command Workstation" (EFI's graphic user interface). In Command Workstation, there should be "Alignment Profiles" that you can set for Side 1, and, Side 2 of a Duplex job. You might try fiddling around with those settings to see if you can correct the side 2 problem. Secondly, especially with auto-duplex jobs, you should be using a short grain substrate. Long grains will jump and bump while going through the duplex curve, which, might be affecting your side 2 registration.

Perhaps other actual C941E users may be able to help.

Last edited:
Thank you I see what you are saying on the alignment profiles on side 2 of a Duplex but keep in mind that it does not happen on all of the sheets and from sheet to sheet it will start to skew some of the time from 1/32" up to 1/8". But I did not know about the grain. I will make sure we used short grain substrate not long grain. I will let you know how we made out.

I have the 931e and the only duplex jobs I have done on it are 8.5 x 11 70# text, so far everything has been spot on as far as registration. What size papers are you having the issues with?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back