OKI C942 White + CMYK faded

Igorm

I recently purchased a used OKI C942 that has white capabilities.

The machine I got has a really low click count under 5k and it seems in pretty good shape.

Printing on a standard letter looks good for the machine.

The problem I'm facing is that when I try to print on darker materials it looks faded.

While I know I will probably never get the same colors printing on white paper versus printing on black with white toner first.

I would at least like it to be recognizable. For example, instead of red, the result is more orange and the color is not uniform at all.

Any ideas/tips on how to improve quality?

We have the same printer. In the special color settings you can change the density of the white toner, which will help produce more vivid colors. You do this at the machine, not in the print driver. And you do have to specify printing white toner under the color image in the print driver...it doesn't print white by default. Lastly, if you're not constantly using white, I suggest you turn it off completely, otherwise it will use a little bit of toner with every color print you do. We noticed ours had only 1/4 of the white toner left and we barely used it. Tech showed us how to turn it off in the admin settings when not in use.

Thank you all for the info. I tried a bunch of stuff, all of the mentioned and it did not work with our substrates.

When I tried a simple black sheet it worked much better. I guess this printer is just not for my use case

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back