OKI es9410 or es3640 Pro?

andy1

Hey guys,

I've given up on my Ilumina and am looking at a click charge + service contract printer on a similar level so every repair and fault is covered by a local company, and I can use genuine toner.

I'm looking at the es9410 as a viable option as it has a reasonable click rate and is new (released shortly before IPEX2010), however I have just spotted the es3640Pro which has 1200x1200dpi vs the 9410's 1200x600dpi. As far as I can see that is the only difference between the machines from a quality point of view, yet the 3640's technology has been around a lot longer (my guess as it didn't come with Vista drivers is 2006-2008?). I have also looked into the Xerox DC252, realising it is a huge increase in quality vs any entry-level machine such as OKI or Xante but also 4x more expensive, so short-term I need a 'desk' digital printer.

Does anyone have an es3640, es3640Pro or es9410 that can comment on their experience please? The comments on the Ilumina were pretty accurate (most reviews state pile of junk), but OKI's tend to have a good reputation.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, I'm looking into buying one next week.

Cheers,
Andy

Last edited:
You cant go wrong with the 3640 as it is nearly bullitproff and the quality doesnt get much better. Dont know much about the 9410.

Thanks, have you ever ran it above spec, i.e. on 350gsm or heavier media? Or do you run a lot of 300gsm media anyway? The printer will be used mainly for 2 uses: business cards and glossy flyers, so I need it to run heavy media well with good registration and glossy paper without background toner.

Thanks,
Andy

Oki Es-3640

Oki Es-3640

Hi, we have 3 OKI ES3640 GA, 1 with really low count, 2 with average. All machines working fine and have saddle-stitch finishers. You should be able to use Xerox Phaser 7400 supplies which is just about the same machine and Ebay has plenty to offer in OEM at descent price. Contact me if interested.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back