Old Designjet Ink Heads

eran

We've got a beater 5500ps used for nothing more than over the counter photo printing other non-critical work. I recently attempted to replace an ink head and the machine rejected it. Looking into it a little further I found that all of my ink heads expired in Feb '09.
So long story short, is there any sort of override I can perform to utilize these ink heads and avoid throwing them all in the trash?

Thanks!

I haven't had to do this in a while (my 5500 has been off for years) but i seem to remember that you need to check the printhead cleaners.
Remove and replace them or wash them out. I think the printer might accept them after that but im not 100% sure.
If you have any luck, please post back, i will have to tackle this at some point in the future also :(

Thanks for the response.
In all cases I've been replacing the cleaners with fresh new ones. I'm actually using an "out of the bag" cleaner with my old LiCyan head now and It's still showing the "Recover" indicator for the head. I'm waiting on some other sources to get back on a possible bypass through the service menu. I'll post my findings.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back