Old dot reader issues...

eran

We've got an old X-RiteDot that has recently ceased to operate. When every you try and make a reading it reboots. I've made the mistake of keeping it plugged in believing that the device's "Trickle Charge" feature would alleviate any problems.

All signs point to a dead battery but I just wanted to see if anyone else has any thoughts... and perhaps somewhere I could find a replacement battery. (the X-RiteDot isn't even listed on X-Rite's 'Discontinued Product" list anymore!)

We just bought one for $50 at an auction so if you do find a way to buy a battery, keep this in mind.

Matt Louis

Thanks for the input. What auction service did you use? Was the replacement specific to your device or something more generic?

I've been digging around trying to find a battery and actually found an even better solution. In an attempt to diagnose the device failure I removed the battery and connected the reader directly to its power source. It now works without failure!

Being that I was keeping it plugged in to begin with, I think I can consider this problem solved -for now....

No idea. With printing companies going out of business, there are a lot of auctions to liquidate equipment. Someone from my company went to look for bindery equipment and picked one up because it was so cheap, so now we have a backup. I was hoping they would all break so we could get something more precise. Oh well...

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back