Old Roland Hi-Fi Jet FJ-50: To the dump? Or any residual value?

DuaneBryant

Do old 50" inkjets have any residual value to anyone? Or should we haul it to the dump?

We have a Roland Hi-Fi Jet FJ-50 6-color that was made probably around 1998: that is only a guess, as no one here actually knows, and there is no date on the machine.

I can't find anything on this topic in this forum or the others I have searched.

Attachments

• photo4741.JPG
    photo4741.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 195
  • photo4742.JPG
    photo4742.JPG
    473.9 KB · Views: 218
  • photo4743.JPG
    photo4743.JPG
    402.4 KB · Views: 218
I have one too collecting dust! Did you find any takers or is it just a nice piece of furniture to hang your coat on?

Karen,
I have found no one, not even Roland themselves, who can find any residual value whatsoever with our HiFi. I would think that things like vacuum pumps, etc. have not changed, and would make valuable spare/used parts. But apparently not. Ours is still on the floor, but will probably go to the dump early this new year.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back