operating cost of xerox 7800

bigben

Hi, I've tried to find the answer for this. If I don't have a ''per clic'' contract, how much would it cost me to print a 11x17 bleed fully covered (toner)? My rep said 0.67$ and he want to sell me a 0.24$ per clic contract. I just want to make sure it's realy 0.67$.

Thanks.

That's a tough answer. There is more to the "click" than toner. It usually includes the maintenance (hourly rate) Developer, Drums... basically all consumables except paper and staples. Almost all toner yields are based on 8.5 x 11 inch paper at 5%. I don't know what you monetary rate is but in US dollars on a production device you can expect the "click" to be $0.04 to 0.06.
Maintenance fees are typically larger than the lease charges. I wouldn't think of having a xerographic device without a maintenance contract.

That's a tough answer. There is more to the "click" than toner. It usually includes the maintenance (hourly rate) Developer, Drums... basically all consumables except paper and staples. Almost all toner yields are based on 8.5 x 11 inch paper at 5%. I don't know what you monetary rate is but in US dollars on a production device you can expect the "click" to be $0.04 to 0.06.
Maintenance fees are typically larger than the lease charges. I wouldn't think of having a xerographic device without a maintenance contract.

Thank you Craig for your reply. I currently outsource all my digital printing and I'm purchasing this printer to make proofs and very small quantity runs. I will print between 500 and 1000 copies per month. Every order over 100 copies will be outsourced. For the currency's I'm located in Canada, so you can give the US price. It will give me an idea.

So I would like to compare the maintenance contract vs buy my own consumable. So if the specifications of the printer said that a 8,5inX11in at 5% of covering cost ~0.10$, how much it cost to make a 11x17 bleed at 100% covering?

Just my 2 cents - but $0.67 per click seems crazy high. Even $0.24 is very very high.
I would be out of business at those rate.
For $0.67 you could outsource and still be less expensive

Just my 2 cents - but $0.67 per click seems crazy high. Even $0.24 is very very high.
I would be out of business at those rate.
For $0.67 you could outsource and still be less expensive

I know. I currently pay 0.20$ when I outsource it (including the media). But for 10 copy, it cost me more in gaz/time then what I get for. This is why I'm looking to do very short run in-house (everything less than 100 copy). And I don't want to pay a 1000$ per month lease just for 500-1000 copy per month. So, small machine cost less but cost higher to run, I understand that. But I did not been able to find the answer to my question yet.

I know. I currently pay 0.20$ when I outsource it (including the media). But for 10 copy, it cost me more in gaz/time then what I get for. This is why I'm looking to do very short run in-house (everything less than 100 copy). And I don't want to pay a 1000$ per month lease just for 500-1000 copy per month. So, small machine cost less but cost higher to run, I understand that. But I did not been able to find the answer to my question yet.

We had a local company trying to sell us a 7800 for 16 cents per click last year. They were pitching it as a proofing machine.

If you are dead set on doing it in house then I would just get the printer and negotiate the best price you can. Otherwise just send it out. When you send it out you have no worries about keeping the machine in good working order, calibrated, and up to date.

We had a local company trying to sell us a 7800 for 16 cents per click last year. They were pitching it as a proofing machine.

If you are dead set on doing it in house then I would just get the printer and negotiate the best price you can. Otherwise just send it out. When you send it out you have no worries about keeping the machine in good working order, calibrated, and up to date.

thanks for the info. 16 cents is alot less than 24 cents. But again, is there a way to know the print cost on a 11x17 bleed full colour?

thanks for the info. 16 cents is alot less than 24 cents. But again, is there a way to know the print cost on a 11x17 bleed full colour?

It would take a calculator and some guess work. On our 7760, using genuine metered toner that I found from a reputable supplier, I found that it would cost around $1.40 per click to run 11x17 with 30% coverage of each color. Granted you can cut costs by resetting chips and using knock off toner.

Using these machines for heavy coverage necessitates getting your supplies under contract.

Remember too that running 11x17 means that your imaging units and fuser will only last for half of their rated life.

It would take a calculator and some guess work. On our 7760, using genuine metered toner that I found from a reputable supplier, I found that it would cost around $1.40 per click to run 11x17 with 30% coverage of each color. Granted you can cut costs by resetting chips and using knock off toner.

Using these machines for heavy coverage necessitates getting your supplies under contract.

Remember too that running 11x17 means that your imaging units and fuser will only last for half of their rated life.

NOW THAT IS AN ANSWER!!! thank you so much. I'll do more homework to see if the benefit justifies the cost to do this in-house.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back