OPI/ARP - Creo IC-304 / C6500

suess

As stated in the title. Our shop hasn't utilized either feature when sending large jobs to the RIP. Now that we are doing larger Variable Data jobs I would like to implement a workflow for it. Why? Mainly because it will cut down on file size and process time for the RIP. Also eliminating having to imprint variable data (ie.. addresses in BW on full color work).

I have looked in the IC304 manual and it's not real specific as to what you need to do but I know i need to save the HI RES work in the specific folder (ie.. D:\Shared\HiRes\etc..)

I found the manual explains its best to use a PostScript File (.ps) when doing this.
I ran a test with an EPS (50dpi) as my background in InDesign and copied a highres version to the HiRes Shared folder on the Creo. In InDesign I setup the page with low res, and merged some test addresses. Then proceeded to Print from InDesign to a test.ps file with the option in the dialog (Omit for OPI: EPS) checked. After doing this I Ripped the job and previed to find it still printed the LowRes EPS as the background on all 5 pages.

**** any help would be appreciated and I hope I have explained this correctly.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back