Opinions on Van Son Ink

This blog has gotten very interesting...

I would suggest that before any of you guys start throwing stones at glass houses, maybe a little homework should have been done....

For starters, Gans Ink & Supply is an American owned and operated company that also has a manufacturing facility in China and employs Chinese people. This doesn't mean that we purchase our inks from elsewhere and relabel. GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT!

China Printing Ink Manufacturers, Exporters, Suppliers, Traders, Factories & Companies
Gans Ink China LTD - Look it Up

Many ink companies have manufacturing facilities in other countries to support world wide business. Is Hostmann Steinberg/Huber a bad ink because they purchased Micro Ink from India and sell European technology manufacted in India within outside countries? Is Sun Chemical (Sun owns Kohl & Madden) a bad ink company because they are Japanese owned and manufacture outside of their country to support world wide business?

On another note, Braden Sutfin is not owned by Sun and is still independant.

It is easy to bad mouth your competition when the economy places added stress on everyone. But before blasting non factual information, I would encourage all to get the story straight!

Chinese ink is Chinese ink.........As opposed to employing (I have heard others refer to it as enslaving) Chinese people, why not employ Americans? Chasing cheap labor around the world and abandoning innovation is what has gotten our country into this mess. Just my humble opinion.

Printmaster07

I have heard the same kind of thing about these ink companies in the US buying their ink from over seas. Due to the economy they are buying their ink from over seas and private labeling it. All they are concerned with is price. No concern for quality. It is who can cut the others throat first. But on the other hand if their customers are only concern with pricing let them use it. They will ultimately end up being so inefficacy and upside down due to the garbage these ink companies are selling them they will be forced to go out of business and leave more print sales for those who care and who are using quality products.

I would love to see an ink company be able to say all their products are made in the USA. Imagine an ink company who wants to help the US economy improve instead of supporting these off shore companies who's garbage will keep the US printer running inefficient.

That is enough for my rant.

There are a couple of us left - Those of us that formulate, manufacture, and purchase raw materials(as much as is humanly possible) in the USA. I don't know that it means much anymore in a day and age when Levi's and Winchester Arms are manufactured overseas...

Ah, enough melancholy. The fact of the matter is, OP, nobody can define quality for you. It may be that the inexpensive set fits the bill for you, or it could be that it costs you more in the long run. I would suggest going to your current ink supplier and giving them the oppurtunity to adjust as best they can.

This blog has gotten very interesting...

I would suggest that before any of you guys start throwing stones at glass houses, maybe a little homework should have been done....

For starters, Gans Ink & Supply is an American owned and operated company that also has a manufacturing facility in China and employs Chinese people. This doesn't mean that we purchase our inks from elsewhere and relabel. GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT!

China Printing Ink Manufacturers, Exporters, Suppliers, Traders, Factories & Companies
Gans Ink China LTD - Look it Up

Many ink companies have manufacturing facilities in other countries to support world wide business. Is Hostmann Steinberg/Huber a bad ink because they purchased Micro Ink from India and sell European technology manufacted in India within outside countries? Is Sun Chemical (Sun owns Kohl & Madden) a bad ink company because they are Japanese owned and manufacture outside of their country to support world wide business?

On another note, Braden Sutfin is not owned by Sun and is still independant.

It is easy to bad mouth your competition when the economy places added stress on everyone. But before blasting non factual information, I would encourage all to get the story straight!

I agree with Mr. Sures that this blog has gotten interesting.......It is just a shame that Mr. Sures and his company have chosen to "employ" Chinese people rather than Americans. In this humble pressmans opinion, chasing cheap labor around the world (especially in communist countries) is not the right thing to do......While we are on the subject, I do not recall seeing any ink cans that state "made in China." Mr Sures does your Chinese ink state Made in China.

This is a passionate subject for some especially in the hard econominc times we are facing. Not all are in "Glass Houses." Some of us just want to do our part to purchase from American owned and American Made manufacturers. To each his own.

I am not sure how comparing a large, worldwide ink company that manufactures in Asia and other countries to support its worldwide sales compares to a small Gans ink that simply went to China to get cheaper products to sell in its small American market. A.sures, you are making your company look even worse than not saying anything. What Gans ink has done is the worst thing an American company can do, they gave up trying to compete on their own and went to China for cheap labor and product, hurting American in both labor and product...get your own facts straight. Gans is doomed.

Ender - I am not sure if you were drunk when you wrote this un-decipherable note that you left for me?. You are probably some sort of Gans employee that is trying desperatly to defend the company's decision, you are not helping. Either way, you sound like you wouldnt understand how business works beyond selling lemonade outside on the street with the other kids, so I wont bother to explain the complete absurdity of your reply.
As far as being business illiterate, I own a business that stretches across the US. We import from both Germany and Japan at about 40% of our total product, and produce about 60% of US materials.
Maybe you can explain to me how business works on this forum, and show us all how we should run a business?. I would love a laugh.

Yea, I do appolgize for that post it was not in my best interests to post then. But no I am not an employee of Gans, just lowly little troll of the forums. Saw something that triggered a not so coherent response. Anyways the point I was trying to get across.

Why bash a company that is expanding to service its customers. If your customer base is in a foreign country isn't that where you want to support it from, or would you rather risk the time and money of shipping to another country? Now if that plant can manufactor materials would you want to take advantage of it. Big or small a company needs support its self.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back