Original Heidelberger Tiegel

Slammer

Is it just me or does anybody else go into the zone when you walk into a printshop and you hear the sound of 6 Hidelberger Tiegel working away... "Tschhhh-klunk-tischhhh-klunk-tischhhh-klunk-tischhhh-klunk-tischhh-klunk. I could stand there and watch them for hours, tischhhh-klunk-tischhhh-klunk.
Regardless of all the aspects of 21st century printing, all the incredibly advanced machines and almost sentient programs the OHT´s are tischhhh-klunking away in thousands of printshops all over the world just as they have done for the last 50 years on a design that Gutenberg himself would have understood.
tischhhh-klunk-tischhhh-klunk-tischhhh-klunk-tischhhh-klunk

Simply Zen.

Are you referring to a Windmill? If so I agree with you but Kluges invoke the same (if not more) feelings of nostalgia for me. A time when printing was more of a craft and less of a science. Still there a little bit today but rare, to say the least.
Windmill, never heard the OHT referred as that before, but totally appropriate.
Never heard of a Kluge but I googled it and found this video very relaxing, now I have a smile on my face.

We still use one for perforating, scoring, and numbering. Been here about 60 years and only broken down twice in that time, both times because the operator forgot to keep it oiled.

We still run about 14 of them for foil-stamping, die-cutting, embossing and printing for thermography finishing, very good machines.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back