OS X mavericks and printing are not good...

I downloaded Mavericks at home and while it is an interesting version . . . I didn't see anything right away that would make me change from 10.6.8 . .. like I usually say if it aint broke DONT fix it!

Is there something I'm missing that makes it a just gotta have upgrade?????

I downloaded Mavericks at home and while it is an interesting version . . . I didn't see anything right away that would make me change from 10.6.8 . .. like I usually say if it aint broke DONT fix it!

Is there something I'm missing that makes it a just gotta have upgrade?????

There is nothing huge with the update, some little things here and there. Nothing that I see that will really improve things for production. The one feature I love and want is the tabbed folders. I always have numerous jobs on the go, all packaged in different folders. Would be great to navigate around and keep tabs of what I want open to go back to. There is some back end things that are supposed to increase battery life and processor load as well for those of us on laptops. I am using mountain lion with no issues. Leaving Mavericks to a virtual machinate to test things before ever switching over.

The problems I have are with arial and Helvetica not displaying and printing correctly. Spacing problems. Just doesn't "look right".

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back