Ovation Paper

Komori40

Anyone run Ovation paper from Eagle Ridge Paper Co? This is a Chinese sourced stock that comes in Gloss, & Matte finishes.

Re: Ovation Paper

Ovation is the same paper as what used to be Unisource's uGloss and uVelvet private label imported papers. Unisource now gets their uGloss and uVelvet manufactured in the US by New Page.

From what I understand KCrom is correct about ovation being the old ugloss and uvelvet. For what it's worth, we ran it for a while and it's not good paper. The printing is mottled and it cracks like crazy on the folder. I'd avoid it if you can. The new stuff from NewPage, however, runs very well. It's not all that bright, but otherwise we really like it.

Its a good grade two product that ran smooth through our press, I found the paper folded well with proper scoring, and held ink quite nicely.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back