Over Qualified

Cory Smith

083-Over-Qualified.png

Over Qualified

Had the same issue some 13 yrs. ago. I changed my CV and found a job at the bottom (reel-stand operative). Now a Prod manager with the same company. Unfortunately being interviewed by managers who have less qualifications or less experience are under threat and will not employ yourself.
Start at the bottom and your skills will soon get you back to your correct level.

Good one! and yes it is absolutely true, I was told that numerous times, IMO, when they tell you you are over qualified it's just a more subtle way to say "we aren't going to pay you enough to keep you here for a long time" So they call you over qualified and hire someone with less qualifications, for less money.

lie,
...or dont state on your resume that you have 20 years plus experience-just say 10 years plus.

pretty sad...

Start at the bottom and your skills will soon get you back to your correct level.

Truer words have never been spoken. I might add that I've seen that work in reverse too. Some people start too high and their skills work them back to the correct level as well.

Get a job at What They Think. They produce lame cartoons and thier digital rheteric and get paid for it

Truer words have never been spoken. I might add that I've seen that work in reverse too. Some people start too high and their skills work them back to the correct level as well.

I'll go along with that, I had to start lower when I bailed on the printing industry, but it was the smartest thing I ever did, Now I am close to and gaining on where I was, and have better opportunities for advancement.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back