Overlapping shadows

rande

I have a box with black border and shadow on top of another one.
Where the shadow hits the the black lines under it is breaking up when I make a PDF.
Any ideas?
I've tried many things, just wondered if anyone has had this problem and has solved it.
I have a call in to QX, but they disconnected me twice and said they'ld call back on the third.
OS 10.4.11
Qx 7.31

I used to have the same problem with text in InDesign breaking up when under a shadow. To fix, we just brought the text to front. Is there a way you can step and repeat the box in back and offset it 0"X and 0"Y and bring just the frame to front?

It may fix it.

Either that or maybe it's one of your transparency settings.

Are you talking about those thin white lines named "atomic zones" that appear on screen in Acrobat? These delimit transparency zones and won't print, to make them disapear, go in Preferences/ General / Page display and uncheck "Smooth line art" under rendering.

Are you talking about those thin white lines named "atomic zones" that appear on screen in Acrobat? These delimit transparency zones and won't print, to make them disapear, go in Preferences/ General / Page display and uncheck "Smooth line art" under rendering.

No these aren't the thin lines.
They have a pict. bx with a shadow; then they want the shadow on top to over print the one on the bottom.
But the bottom black picture frame is breaking up (gagged).

What are your drop shadow settings? What are your transparency settings when you export to PDF? What have you already tried changing?

What are your drop shadow settings? What are your transparency settings when you export to PDF? What have you already tried changing?

Tried Pdf out of QX and distiller. Messed with prefs. Trapping (over print).
Shadows 75% opac( brought that down) 100% blk (brought that down)
in distiller Acro 5.0 (1.4_ and 3.0 (1.2)
Tried isolating the element to make sure another layer wasn't messing it up.
Used just the two elements to test.

What your seeing is Quarks issue with transparency. Quack in it's infinite wisdom decided there was no need to be able to export live transparency, and also that there was no need for a user control Flattening
pallet. This is the main reason our shop no longer supports Quark above version 6.5. We will except PDF's made by the customer from 7 and above but, it's their responsibility to make sure everything flattens correctly in that supplied PDF. I've "fixed" a few messed up Quack transparency nightmares at customers request, not easy to do, and very time consuming.

Thanks
The client ended up taking the shadows out.
I'll let the boss know the rest of the world is having this problem too.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back