Pace/Metrix Integrated: Limitations

Lodge307

What are the limitations to Metrix when integrated with Pace? How well does the scale shingling work in Metrix when integrated with Pace? Metrix as a standalone program especially with scale shingling compared to Preps? Ok GO!!!!

I'm afraid I don't use Metrix directly so I can't provide you any specific details or comment on scale shingling - but I know that ever since our shop purchased Metrix to integrate with Pace, we've encountered problem after problem. Management has pushed prepress to adopt Metrix numerous times but there has always some serious problem or miscalculation encountered each time we make a serious effort to switch that sends them running straight back into the arms of Preps.

We have the standalone version of PACE/Metrix in which we still has some hurdlers to over come. From what I have seen of the PACE integrated solution it has many more "fixes and options" and seems to be EFIs focus and therefore updated often, sadly it is much more expensive. I can see only benefits rather than limitations.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back