Packaging Production/Cost Question

NickP

Suppose I have three product backer cards that shared a common 4x7 inch diecut shape. The only difference in content for all 3 is the UPC/SKU info. Quantities for all 3 are equal at 5k.

Would it be more efficient and cost effective to produce these:

- As three individual items with SKU/UPC printed (5k each of 3)

- As a single common backer card (15k each of 1) and then apply UPC/SKU stickers to create the 3 versions

I'm really curious to hear what thoughts others have.

Thank you in advance.

Nick

Assuming you can gang all 3 cards on 1 sheet, I would think that would be your cheaper option. Otherwise you'd have to costs associated to print the 3 different stickers, plus the time/labor to apply them.

Suppose I have three product backer cards that shared a common 4x7 inch diecut shape. The only difference in content for all 3 is the UPC/SKU info. Quantities for all 3 are equal at 5k.

Would it be more efficient and cost effective to produce these:

- As three individual items with SKU/UPC printed (5k each of 3)

- As a single common backer card (15k each of 1) and then apply UPC/SKU stickers to create the 3 versions

I'm really curious to hear what thoughts others have.

Thank you in advance.

Nick

Nick,

Not sure if you are a printer looking to run these items yourself or looking to purchase them. To answer your question, it will be less costly to gang them on one sheet and print them versus printing a generic card and applying stickers. If you you are considering purchasing these cards, please contact me as we have a program that is a perfect low cost solution for the lower quantities you are looking for. We print 4-Color Process/Black on .020 SBS for Heat Seal Blister Cards and .014 or .020 SBS for non-heat seal cards and folding cartons. We run a minimum of 6250 per item and multiples of 12500, 25000, 50000 and 100000. There is an option of additional Spot Colors if needed at an additional lot charge.

Regards,

Ken

Nick, I'm also in the packaging industry and think that it would be most cost effective to gang run them. We do packaging for Ace and Brinks with many different SKUs, so if you're interested in getting a quote from us, please contact me and we might be able to do business.

Take care,
Cathie

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back