PackEdge/Artpro Live Text

wesley

OK, here's the million dollar question. What is Esko going to do about the text engine in PackEdge? Is the Artpro/Packedge common PDF editor going to have a new one when introduced? We need live text in normalized pdf files for a number of reasons, most importantly the round trip scenario to Illustrator hopefully using queried data and dynamic content. In a Connect session today with Esko they said the type engine was too involved and ingrained to change. Huh? it never actually worked!.. seriously. Take a poll and find out how many Esko sites actually use the text feature. Like zero. I am dating myself, but it is EXACTLY the same engine as was in Linework Brix 9.2.... in 1996!! Back then at the user group meeting we asked them to kill the text engine and start over. Any feedback from other users on this would be appreciated. Thanks

Packedge Text

Packedge Text

Working with live text in PackEdge has been challenging. We use it when we have to but fortunately this is not too often.

stephen

We use live text in Packedge all the time. We're currently running Suite 7 r6, and have used Esko since V8-9.
No challenge for us, it just works. Having live text actually makes the files smaller, not having to deal with all the points.

Do you mean Deskpack?

live text

live text

Are you managing licensed fonts on the Backstage server? I have reviewed the documentation on this which is fairly complex. Are you comfortable with the tools built into PE for the use of fonts as compared to any other desktop application ie: Illustrator? Also how does that live text work for you when exported back to Illustrator for edits?

With Automation Engine 10 there is a new font engine. Im guessing that this is going to effect Packedge and Artpro as well.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back