Packedge v7

Plucky07

Hi

Ive had to install a copy of PackEdge to amend an old report card template that required updating.
The problem is I only have PackEdge v7 but my AE is v12. Ive been told PackEdge is a standalone
product and it shouldn't matter about my AE being a newer version as it doesn't need to make a connection.

Its installed all ok but when I open a reportcard template its telling me that I'm missing a linked file.
The file being ' taskinputfile '.

If I try to create a new image mark and then select Smart Text I find the Smart Text window is empty.

Does anyone know why its doing this and how I can get back the text options in the Smart Text window back.

Which OS? v7 has problems with windows 7 and upwards. Try to run in compatibility mode. You have to select multiple exe files in (packedgexx.exe, xbrix***.exe etc) bin_ix86 folder.

Hi Dersu

Just been speaking to Esko and I do need the connection from AE to Packedge for the smart text to work. This will mean upgrading Packedge to v12.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back