Pages PDF

TF019

I have a customer supplied PDF, OSX platform from Pages 09 via the export pdf.

Profile attached to the image in question states Generic RGB, they have a bright Yellow color used and when I convert to CMYK it always ends up with cyan in there which makes yellow dirty. I've tried changing the profile to sRGB first then to SWOP CMYK with better results (less cyan more yellow) but I can't get rid of that dirty cyan (5%). When I converted generic directly to SWOP I ended up with about 10% cyan.

Prior to all of this when I advance edit the rgb image via photoshop I see the file is built with 5 percent cyan originally, it's in there from the start. I have advised the client to remove the cyan from the image or we would adjust her images and send them back to her for future printing projects.

I did some testing and placed a cmyk image into pages and exported, it switched back to rgb.
I then printed a postscript and the cmyk image held with correct values, I can train the client how to do this but I always get the grumble on the telephone, why can't you just fix my pdf?

So... my questions is can I get create a profile that will remove the cyan from the rgb image within the pdf?
So it then can be converted to cmyk correctly. Or is this more of a Pitstop action list?

Can you have the customer send you their monitor profile? I don't know this for a fact....but I would hazard a guess that things are getting either converted to or assigned their monitor profile in Pages. I would try assigning their monitor profile to the RGB images and converting from that and see if things get better.

Terry

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back