Pages sticking together

JPS

Morning All

We've just had our DC5000 upgraded to AP.
When printing on heavy ish stocks to the stacker, we often find the sheets stick together.
Is this a new design feature that Xerox need to make more of in their marketing collateral or is it a pain in the a**e?
I suspect the latter. We're told not to use the AP functionality on heavy stocks with large coverage. What then is th point in having it?

Regards

Jon

Morning All

We've just had our DC5000 upgraded to AP.
When printing on heavy ish stocks to the stacker, we often find the sheets stick together.
Is this a new design feature that Xerox need to make more of in their marketing collateral or is it a pain in the a**e?
I suspect the latter. We're told not to use the AP functionality on heavy stocks with large coverage. What then is th point in having it?

Regards

Jon

Hi Jon.

We are looking to get our 5000 upgraded to an AP.

Apart from the problem you mention above, have you found it to be a benefit?

Any feedback would be useful and very much appreciated.

Regards.

Lee.

Hi Lee

It's useful to be able to duplex up to 300gsm.
You can run the press not in AP mode to avoid the 'sticking' problem. However, if you're like us, you're doing several jobs at the same time and it is too easy to forget to switch between modes, i.e. you have to go into system settings. The press needs a bloody great big button that flashes so you can't miss it. My earlier rant was due to a job printed overnight being all stuck together (like set-off) and now residing in the bin.
On the whole it's proably worth it, but as ever there are little niggles that will rear their ugly heads.

Regards

Jon

I can tell you with my 8000AP they needed to install a larger cooling fan in the area between the fuser and the finisher. This fan is twice the size of the one that was shipped with the box. As long as this fan is running (it did stop once with a loose connection) I have not had an issue with sheets "sticking" together.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back