Paper White M1 and M0 Differences

mihas

Thank you Gordo. It seems that GRACoL 2013 did as ISO 12647-2:2013 (or vice-versa) - coated paper b=-4 with M1. FOGRA 51 made otherwise: b=-4 with M0 and b=-6 with M1.

Last edited:

Johu

Based on what has been said here, it's probably the same thing with Fogra 51 and 39. If you don't have M1 capable measuring device go with 39 rather than trying to go for 51 with incompatible device.

roscoe

Has anyone tried a proofing paper with OBAs and how were the results. The big objection from our salesman is the paper white(brightness), even with a L* 96.

gordo

Has anyone tried a proofing paper with OBAs and how were the results. The big objection from our salesman is the paper white(brightness), even with a L* 96.

I'm going to be anal about this. Paper brightness and whiteness are not interchangeable terms.

Brightness refers to the percent reflectance of blue light, as measured at a wavelength at, or about, 457nm. Brightness was originally a test in paper manufacturing to measure the effectiveness of the bleaching process in removing yellowness from pulp.

Whiteness, on the other hand, refers to the extent to which paper reflects equally the light of all wavelengths throughout the visible spectrum. A truly white sheet of paper will not absorb one wavelength of light energy more than another.

Apologies if I misunderstood your post intent.

roscoe

Apologies if I misunderstand your post, but yes, u are being anal. All I was asking is if there is a inkjet proofing paper available with OBAs where the paper "whiteness" will match a press sheet "whiteness" with OBAs viewed under the new lighting conditions.

gordo

Apologies if I misunderstand your post, but yes, u are being anal. All I was asking is if there is a inkjet proofing paper available with OBAs where the paper "whiteness" will match a press sheet "whiteness" with OBAs viewed under the new lighting conditions.

You can do a quick visual check by comparing your press paper(s) to your proofer paper options (the vendor's paper selection swatchbook is ideal) under a black light:

Where the papers align OBA content-wise is your starting point.

Automatically Autonomous Automation

Automatically Autonomous Automation
Although the autonomous car is not quite ready, a lights out print operation is something you can do right now if you have a comprehensive Print MIS (Management Information System). The advantages can put money on your bottom line. So what’s your next step? Link to Article