Parochial Adobe :-P

gordo

Chose to update to PShop CC 2015 today.
Clicking on "more information" in the Adobe Updater brought me to a web site where I had the choice of going to a US (optimized) website or a "Canadian" (unoptimized) website - which was French only.
So, either Adobe isn't aware that Canada has two official languages (English and French) and that the majority of Canadians speak English not French or it believes that English speaking Canadians are actually US citizens.
Backing up to try and go to the US website to get the update information results in the Adobe Updater app crashing. So I had to reboot my MAC.
But in the end it seems to be working even if I couldn't find out what the update was for LOL.

Chose to update to PShop CC 2015 today.
Clicking on "more information" in the Adobe Updater brought me to a web site where I had the choice of going to a US (optimized) website or a "Canadian" (unoptimized) website - which was French only.
So, either Adobe isn't aware that Canada has two official languages (English and French) and that the majority of Canadians speak English not French or it believes that English speaking Canadians are actually US citizens.
Backing up to try and go to the US website to get the update information results in the Adobe Updater app crashing. So I had to reboot my MAC.
But in the end it seems to be working even if I couldn't find out what the update was for LOL.
Eh? :p

What Eh? That's what happened.

Most sites that are geared for Canada offer the viewer the option of accessing their site in either English or French. But that didn't happen with Adobe.

Backing up to try and go to the US website to get the update information results in the Adobe Updater app crashing.

The rest of the post comment was me editorializing satirically.

The “eh?” was obviously a joke.

I will pass this on to our web team in the morning.

- Dov

And while I have you're attention....
When I first signed up to subscribe to Photoshop CC the process was so convoluted that after a few hours I ended up phoning tech support (who sorted it out).
But one of the things that I wanted to do was to change the email address linked to the application (Adobe wanted to use the email associated with my PS3). Apparently, according to tech support that cannot be changed. I.e. once an email has been associated with Adobe software it cannot be changed.
So what happens if my email has been hacked? Or, for whatever reason I do not wish to use it. Why can't I associate Adobe with my preferred email address?

BTW, I do like the subscription model as it makes PShop affordable for me. I also own PShop Elements, but for some reason its update model is that you have to buy the whole package over again to get the latest version :p

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back