PCC screening

ktrabon

We are stuck in ancient times and only running Nexus 8.1 Rev 5 on a G5 Mac.

The Nexus program locked up hard on file - We were having all kinds of electrical surges and problems this am and everything just froze solid on it - it was in the middle of the file and that file just disappeared and everything froze - we had nothing.

When we restarted the mac - it came up missing everything - the port server and the control were gone from the desktop - when I mounted the Nexus Mac on our output machine and started Nexus Manager - all of the workflows were missing. we restored all of them from saved files.

The link to the alias on the desktop for the port server and control were messed up so we deleted them and then put the programs in the dock.

Port server starts up fine, control starts up, but in the messages it say Folder not found: system is missing files/folders it may not be correctly installed and may not run correctly without these items - says the PCC screening is missing.

When we send a file through manager it comes up with a LSPE - Exception in LibScreeningParams: Screening Folder not found - PCC screening.

anyone have a clue what we need to do? we are out of business right now

For starters I hope you did the basic and did a disk check on your filesystem.
It sounds like your having major issue there. I would get this resolved first.

As far as the PCC screeing error, you should have a folder in the root level of the 8.1 called "PCC Screening" If your missing this then you need to find the DVD or CD's of these and put them in the root level of 8.1.

PCC Screening

PCC Screening

If the PCC Screening folder exists elsewhere on your hard drive, you need to drag an alias of the PCC Screening folder into your Nexus 8.1 folder and make sure it is called PCC Screening only.

If the PCC Screening folder exists elsewhere on your hard drive, you need to drag an alias of the PCC Screening folder into your Nexus 8.1 folder and make sure it is called PCC Screening only.

This is something that can work, but is highly unsupported. It is not wise to use an alias of this folder or any folder/item.

ktrabon; said:
We are stuck in ancient times and only running Nexus 8.1 Rev 5 on a G5 Mac.
I'm taking that since your running such an old version you no longer have a support contract.

This is something that can work, but is highly unsupported. It is not wise to use an alias of this folder or any folder/item.

I'm taking that since your running such an old version you no longer have a support contract.

The alias is fully supported

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back