PDF clipped at the CTP system

hkellogg

We are running Xitron's RIP Navigator, saving the ripped files to a shared folder to be picked-up by our Prestek Dimension 425 CTP. The particular file in question measures 12 x 17.75". When we rip the pdf, it displays correctly on the RIP station, but when I pull it up the same image from the shared folder on the CTP, the upper portion of the ripped PDF is cropped off. I have rotated the PDF, rotated the original, and created new press specifications on the Dimension but it still looks the same.

I’m not sure where the problem exists.

Does anyone have any ideas?

thanks

If you look at the job information, does it show the correct page size? If the page size is too big relative to the plate size the image will be clipped. I've seen this happen when someone creates something like a #10 envelope and then saves the PDF as a tabloid size.

Thanks for the response.

We are an educational institution and are always struggling to allow students access while maintaining control.

I took what you had said, went back and ran the pdf back through several different workflows. Thats when I noticed the "traditional" CMYK workflow used a different output size than some of the others.

I changed our standard CMYK workflow and I am now back in business. The odd thing was that it appeared fine (origination as well as page size) when view as a ripped file on the rip station but was cropped when I went over to the CTP device. Seems odd.

Thanks for your help.

Hans

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back