PDF wont go into PREPS after page replacement

David Ingram

Using Prinergy EVO 4.067
Preps 5.3.3

Had a job came as print ready .pdf rush project. 3 replacement pages came to a 48 pager.
job originally worked fine. with the substitution pages added, job no longer would work in preps. exported postscript did not work either. placing all 48 pages in indesign (along with the new substitute pages) and re exporting as 1 file worked. however , its a bit of a time consuming workaround. anyone have experience with FIXING this issue?

TIA for any help. can YOU substitute pages in an original PDF with individual pages and still have it work in preps, without the workaround above?

Thanks

I can't offer any help with Preps... I'm sorta tied to a different solution. :) But, Does this happen all the time or just with this set of particular files? Also, do the original 3 pages work in a separate Preps layout by themselves? This would tell you if Preps is having trouble with just those replacement pages.

Unless there's a bug in Preps, I would look for reasons why the replacement pages just didn't want to mix in. I'm guessing they were created differently or corrupted in some way and importing them back into INDesign fixed the problem.

Good luck!

Previous post

Previous post

There was another link that I think dealt with this in a previous post.

Bit of a newbie to the forum so I'm not sure how to relink you to the actual post but if you throw the title into the search box it will come up.

Acrobat Pro 9 and Preps problem

Hopfully this will work for you too.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back