People mag may end print edition...

Hmmm. I thought the majority of their distribution was checkout line sales. That seems like a guaranteed fatal move.

I've seen this happen a lot, not only with publications, but, even some printshops and other businesses. A new ownership group buys a business, and, puts some bean-counters in charge that don't know what they're doing for the sole purpose of making money. They have no passion for the business, and, as a result, usually goes out of business in short order.

I know the main purpose of every business is to make money, but, a lesson I learned after many years of chasing a dollar, is this: Start, buy, or own a business because you are passionate about it, and, the money will take care of itself.

It's fun to read a paper printed magazine. The new people have some fancy ideas but spoil the show. Or, on second thought, is paper shortage responsible for this?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back