Photoshop 6 problem with color range after update

V

Visualaid

Ok first I have to vent and say that I have grown tired of the c.s. updates making tools change or go away.
It never tells you what is going to change when you update.

So I was using color range like this until Adobe went and ruined my day:
select all, then color range, then eyedrop in color range

now it doesn't work at all; what am i missing?
the sliders aren't doing anything, the eyedropper isn't selecting anything anymore.

This may sound like the Truman Show, but it seems to me there is a way for Adobe to see how you use the software and then they change things that I use. I know it's crazy but this isn't the first time this has happened with a tool I use.

Also, "view actual pixels and view print size" have disappeared, what the heck, I'm about to go get a construction job-not really.

It's funny because our graphic designer uses the same computer and software as I do but she didn't have any updates like I just did.... weird or what??

Sorry i didn't see this yet… are you sure that you been working in the right layer?

haha, yeah, i was in the correct layer. since then, i've reinstalled photoshopcs4 and color range works like a charm.
now my question is this: is it possible to migrate a copy of my actions i've made in photoshop6 to photoshop4?
how about keyboard shortcuts as well.

Under the flyout menu on the Actions panel you'll see Save and Load. So, in CS6 do a Save and then go to CS4 and do a Load to bring them in. I always save them to a central location where I can find them easily. That way, if Photoshop crashes before I have a chance to quit it properly, my actions are easily re-loadable (for best results save them every time you make a new action.)

Not sure about the keyboard shortcuts - I don't mess with them. Probably something similar, or maybe you can copy them out of Preferences if you can find them.

Last edited:
Under the flyout menu on the Actions panel you'll see Save and Load. So, in CS6 do a Save and then go to CS4 and do a Load to bring them in. I always save them to a central location where I can find them easily. That way, if Photoshop crashes before I have a chance to quit it properly, my actions are easily re-loadable (for best results save them every time you make a new action.)

Not sure about the keyboard shortcuts - I don't mess with them. Probably something similar, or maybe you can copy them out of Preferences if you can find them.

ok sweet thanks. as far as the shortcuts, it would be great if this were possible. i figured it would be in preferences somewhere but i do not know where adobe keeps its preferences, would it be somewhere like Library, Settings or Preferences, etc. I've looked before but i dont know what im looking at in those system folders.

ok sweet thanks. as far as the shortcuts, it would be great if this were possible. i figured it would be in preferences somewhere but i do not know where adobe keeps its preferences, would it be somewhere like Library, Settings or Preferences, etc. I've looked before but i dont know what im looking at in those system folders.

Ok, so I was able to migrate the Actions from 6 to 4; awesome.
The same cannot be said for the keyboard shortcuts. When you try and load the keyboard shortcuts it says that cs6 shortcuts file type is not compatible with 4; what a crock of...

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back