Pigment Percentages in Offset Lithograhic Inks

Sorry to interrupt, but
1. do tack grade really important in wet offset? As I remember we print with emulsion, which tack is low somewhere around 1 ik on prufbau inkomat.
Could you please expand this statement of tack grade importance?
2. Weaker you mean less intensive? With weaker set wouldn't be more ink on the paper?
3. And again. More ink on the paper - how will this help?

Tack is WAY FAR down on the list of ingredients of properties that create pretty print. Trust me on that one. Further..........

D

If I want to do extended process color printing -e.g. CMYK plus Orange, Green, and Violet - are there any specific instructions that I should provide my ink supplier with?

If your ink supplier needs instructions how to make ink for you - you should probably change him for more clever supplier like d ink man

But you can specify for your not so bad ink vendor your printing press model, temperature around and inside it, humidity level, printing speed, fountain, water, substrate example, blankets used, and lab for desired 100% patch I guess. Plus your current process ink set

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back