Pitstop 10 is driving me nuts

Hi the_brain

Thanks for your reply, I think I understand what you mean, but the trouble is I can't see any option in Pitstop to: Set the Media box to the Crop box. Or indeed any box to the Crop box!

Using Inspector my available options are:
Crop box to Media Box
Crop box to Trim Box (greyed out)
Trim box to Media Box
Trim box to Crop Box
Bleed Box to Trim Box (greyed out)
Art Box to Trim Box (greyed out)

I know I'm missing something really simple here, but any help would be appreciated.

kantblue

Hi the_brain

Thanks for your reply, I think I understand what you mean, but the trouble is I can't see any option in Pitstop to: Set the Media box to the Crop box. Or indeed any box to the Crop box!

Using Inspector my available options are:
Crop box to Media Box
Crop box to Trim Box (greyed out)
Trim box to Media Box
Trim box to Crop Box
Bleed Box to Trim Box (greyed out)
Art Box to Trim Box (greyed out)

I know I'm missing something really simple here, but any help would be appreciated.

kantblue

Using the inspector you can indeed change some page box settings but these are single actions and not everything can be done. (feature request if they are listening)

Here are steps to get this to work:

1. Create action list
- go to plugins>pistop pro>run action lis
- select the local database, right click, create new
- in the search type in...change media
- it will return the action: change media box
-add it to the action list by double clicking it.
- change the action properties to 'use box size', select crop box
- you have similar actions for the other page boxes, so add them and change the property to match the crop box as well.
- save the action list

2. Create the quickrun
-in the same panel as action list, click on the fourth icon on top. This will take you to the quickrun database.
- similar to the action list, select the local database and right click to create a new quickrun.
- give it a name and/or dscription, then add the action list using the little icon just below the list view. You can add preflight profiles, global changes and action list.
- locate the action list and save the quickrun.
- you can add the quickrun to your acrobat toolbar by dragging it to favorites databases. This will also add a keyboard shortcut to the quickrun.

Good luck,
Bert

Hi the_brain

Thanks VERY much for your help - I would never have found this myself, it also opens up lots of other possibilities that I hadn't even thought could be done.

You really live up to your user name ! How on earth do you know all this stuff :)

Again, thanks for the step by step instructions - it works a treat!

Cheers
Kantblue

Hi the_brain

Thanks VERY much for your help - I would never have found this myself, it also opens up lots of other possibilities that I hadn't even thought could be done.

You really live up to your user name ! How on earth do you know all this stuff :)

Again, thanks for the step by step instructions - it works a treat!

Cheers
Kantblue

Glad to help...Sometimes it's just pointing into the right direction to will open up new possibilities and PitStop Pro has tons of other features like this. You just need to find them.

Let's say I'm very close to the source. ;)

I have a problem with Pitstop 10 as well. I have no access to the Pantone Color Libraries. Anyone have this issue, or a way to resolve it? Mine is installed in Acrobat 9, on a PowerPC G5 running Mac OS Leopard. I tried going down to version 10 from 10, update 3, but when I attempt to change a color, Acrobat crashes.

Did you try mailing Enfocus support so they can help you?
[email protected]

Really that should be your first point of call

hello abc,

Yes, I've been in touch with Enfocus, though I haven't contacted them about the results of this latest attempt by starting at a lower version. I went back to version 10 update 3, only to have the original problem resurface (no access to the Pantone libraries).

What's a mystery to me also is that a co-worker, who had the full version 10 installed, has access to the libraries; he, too, had no previous Pitstop version on his Acrobat 9. Until this can be figured out, I'm using Pitstop 9 on Acrobat 8.

Hi Semi-tech
drop me a mail at [email protected] and let me know who you dealt with in support and I will try and get you a quick solution

Hello there,

I got an e-mail with a version of the Pantone library, which has the proper suffix on the colors and I've been able to load them so far, though it's slow going; If I try to load entire libraries, the Acrobat doesn't seem to like it, so I do a few at a time. If I run into any other problems, I'll give a shout. Thanks for your help.

help

help

Hello there,

I got an e-mail with a version of the Pantone library, which has the proper suffix on the colors and I've been able to load them so far, though it's slow going; If I try to load entire libraries, the Acrobat doesn't seem to like it, so I do a few at a time. If I run into any other problems, I'll give a shout. Thanks for your help.

Ok, well let me know if you need any help

abc

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back