Pitstop 9 action - Print Trim Box dimensions?

MacBrian

I'm stuck in old Acrobat Pro 9 and Pitstop 9.

Is there any way (using either Acrobat Pro or Pitstop 9) to label each page in a multi-page PDF with the trim box dimensions? As part of preflighting files destined to be evaluated be the sales dept. for quoting, I have an action I made that reduces the PDF art to either Letter or Tabloid size, applies our pre-production "comp" stamp, and adds a full file path so that anyone can find the actual file while evaluating it. After running the action I print hard copies so the sales and engineering dept have something physical to work with while evaluating a print job.

I'm wanting a way to automatically add the trim box dimensions of each PDF page next to the file's path that my Pitstop action adds. This will be especially handy on those multiple-page PDFs that have different trim box sizes on each page.

Pitstop 9 doesn't appear to have a "trim box" width and height dimension variable for me to use in my little custom action. Am I missing something? Is there a tool in Acrobat 9 Pro itself that could add this if Pitstop can't?

Can anyone tell me if Pitstop 10 (or newer) has a "trim box" variable that would allow me to do this? (This might help me justify an upgrade to the powers that be if that were the case!) :)

Thanks for any help anyone can offer!

Not in 9 or 10, you can do it in 11 onwards using variables and Smart Preflight by selecting the correct variable when you run the action.

Andrew:
Whoo-hoo! Finally have the upgrade now -- Pitstop Pro 12 Update 2 in Acrobat 11. Wow, so many questions -- I'm trying to absorb this update and also everything in the new Adobe CC. I'm on upgrade overload! I'll send you an email with a few questions...

Fire away, that's what we're here for.

When I get the mail I can send you some recordings of webinars that we have done for version 12 users.

Fire away, that's what we're here for.

When I get the mail I can send you some recordings of webinars that we have done for version 12 users.

Thanks!
I sent the email with the details yesterday. In the meantime I figured out how to add the PMS Spot Color names to the comp stamp....that was easy once I found what I was looking for in the new interface(s). But adding trim width and trim height doesn't seem to be as straightforward so I'm still stuck on that...

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back