Pitstop Data Matrix Generation: sheet number/count variable vs page number count, or variable manipulation?

TJ-421

I'm trying to use PitStop Pro (V23)'s Add Data Matrix action to create a 2D code containing sheet number, sheet count and our job number to add to booklet impositions, for finishing on our newly-acquired Ibis Smart-binder. I've worked out the basic 2D code setup, but the baked-in variables are just a hair off from what I need: where the Ibis is looking for sheet 1 of 7, sheet 2 of 7, etc.; PitStop offers variables for page 1 of 14, and so on. I can get from page number to sheet number by applying the data matrix action to only my odd-numbered pages, but is there some secret variable for sheet count that's not shown in the attached list? Alternatively, is there some way I can take the %Page Count% variable and sneak in an instruction to divide the result by two as the action is running?

Much obliged!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-08-21 at 11.23.23 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-08-21 at 11.23.23 AM.png
    39.3 KB · Views: 108
You can't manipulate that fixed variable (unless something changed in the last two years).
If you have Switch you would be better off using the variable sets in PitStop and taking the values from Switch.

You can't manipulate that fixed variable (unless something changed in the last two years).
If you have Switch you would be better off using the variable sets in PitStop and taking the values from Switch.
I'm sorry to hear it, but appreciate the feedback. Unfortunately we're not Switch users, so I'll have to look for another solution. For background, we have a vendor trying to sell us Ultimate ImpoStrip for variable barcoding, but that application duplicates the imposition functionality (some of it specific to our new inkjet press) of PRISMAprepare, whose variable data features don't sound so robust. Thank you for your answer!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back