Plate Recommendations for printing sheetfed UV inks

pworlledge

We have started perfecting using our 8 color Mitsi diamond 3000 press. We are currently using Fuji LHPJ plates however, they are not holding up well. We are blinding way too soon. What plates are good at running UV on this kind of press? I know there's not a lot to choose from when you run UV but I'm not too sure where to start looking.

Run length* 200,000 (normal ink), 50,000-100,000 (UV ink, unbaked), 70,000 – 150,000 (UV ink, baked)

So here are the run length specs for your plate. Were you getting blinding/poor plate performance prior to using the perfector? Have you contacted Fuji to get help.
Have you changed fountain solution, ink, Packing, Blankets or Pressman lately?

We run the same plate as you with UV inks, no issues.

Last edited:
Run length* 200,000 (normal ink), 50,000-100,000 (UV ink, unbaked), 70,000 – 150,000 (UV ink, baked)

So here are the run length specs for your plate. Were you getting blinding/poor plate performance prior to using the perfector? Have you contacted Fuji to get help.
Have you changed fountain solution, ink, Packing, Blankets or Pressman lately?

We run the same plate as you with UV inks, no issues.

I kept it short and sweet on the Fuji part of it. TRUST ME we've been through the process!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back