Platerite 8xxx? Need opinion.

Petkovski

Hi!

My company wants to buy ctp system from the "Platerite" line. Since i dont know nothing about these machines i need your opinion. I've already read about the specifications of the different models. I need some user opinion, any pros/cons would be nice. Are there any regular problems with these system, how hard are they for maintenance etc etc.

Thanks

Hi Petkovski,
Actually PT-R8xxx are different models on Screen Dainnipon. You can see some of the models in Macedonia-Akademski pechat, 11 oktomvri Prilep, Tetovo, Erol Osmani, Tabernakul etc.
PT-R8000 and 8000II, PT-R8300S are 32 CAN type diode machines, They make about 12-16 plates/hour.
PT-R8100 and 8300E are 16 CAN type diodes and make about 8 plates/hour.
PT-R8600 is 64 fiber diodes for 22 plates/hour.
PT-R8800 is GLV head type for more than 30 plates/hour.
They look like one and the same but they are rock solid machines, especially 8600 and 8000.
What is going on with your Lotem? There was another post for it?

Best Regards
Ansoft

Hey, thanks for the reply. About the lotem, no luck. There's problems with the brisque, problems with the auto loading system, and offcourse non working diodes which are too expensive to change. Also, the lotem is pretty slow for our production rate so we decided to look for a new machine.

My manager said to me to look up for SCREEN, as he've been told that these machines are the best, so I'm still looking for info and prices. Maybe you could give me some directions for where to look for? Anywhere in Europe.

Thanks!

Plate Rite

Plate Rite

FYI, we have a PlateRite 4000 that we installed in 2001.We've run about 220,000 plates. We have a contract for maintenance and it's a workhorse. Screen gets there in 24 hrs from the time we call. Only one part in 11 years that they didn't have in stock and it had to come from Japan but we limped through it. Otherwise they are all helpful and know those machines up and down right over the phone. Very rarely I am down. But, all that being said, I wouldn't buy anything without a Maint. Contract. It pays for itself if you run a lot of plates. If you don't have the contract, you are in the back of the line. Great machine though. Sorry about your Lotem and Brisk Problems, been there and done that.

Quite right.

As long as i read more about this pt-r's i realize that they are incredible good, and all i hear was good words. We know what we want, 8000, 8000ii or 8600.

My old company had an 8100, very reliable machine. We leased ours through Kodak in the USA (this was before Kodak resold the Creo platesetters as the Magnus line in North America). We did not have a service contract, but we did have the Screen-approved service technician visit twice per year for routine maintenance items as prescribed by the Screen documentation. No issues with the 8100 for the four years we ran it. My old company was dissolved in 2009.

Previous to the 8100, we'd had Screen imagesetters, and those were excellent machines too, with little or no extra service required to operate them.

I would buy a Screen platesetter over almost anything else.

do you know any sites i can look for dealers in europe? ive tried several sites, but found only little of these.

I've had my 8600 since 05. It's been great. Screen techs and tech support have taken care of any problems quickly. Recommend it highly.

Agfa Avalon LF

Agfa Avalon LF

fHi,

This is in very good shape located in North America. I can provide you with the Engine report and Plots on Optics of the machine.If you are interested Please contact me.

1.) Platemaker Alalon LF 2007
Avalon Manual Input Tray;
Azura C125 Finishing Unit;
Azura C125 I.Kit:Avalon;
Avalon Conveyor;
Avalon C125/IntlKit

2.) Apogee X system/software:
Apogee X Light 8-up & IRT Prepress System/Software Version 6.00
Any included accessories and/or special features:
Apogee X QMSX License;
Apogee X Light 4 to 8-up License Upgrade;
Apogee X Proofing Option;
Apogee X In-render Trapping;
Pac-OEM-RIP-Wideapis;
Colortune Pro 4.2 Full Upgrade;
HP Server 2005 AXL8

3)Sherpa 43DS proofer

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 274
Last edited:
Pt-r 89600sl

Pt-r 89600sl

Hi,

Does anyone knows about the PT-R 8600SL?
I heard this CTP made in China.
Can it connect to any Rip? Agfa, Fuji, Heidelberg Rip?

Thanks,
SamFan

I have screen ptr 8000ii and i need rip software, dongle, pci card and dongle all together , if u have it please send me detail and price soon its urgent , thank you

I can supply you the PIF card with Cable and a HQ v8.3 RIP along with the plugins for the machine. All in $3000. Where are you based??

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back